03 April 2007

Bittersweet home and Super Mario

Bittersweet.

I came (home?) from Amsterdam a couple of hours ago, but I just realised that I don't know where home is anymore.

In my appartment in Gothenburg someone else lives, so I can't call it my home.
A room at a campus could never be my home, even if it's suppose to be my home right now.
My parents place is my old home, but not anymore.

I feel restless, and it was acually sad leaving Amstedam behind. I fell in love with the city. With all the canals and beautiful houses. The flowers, the markets, the boats and the people. I do understad why Annika feel like home over there (and I think her containers were quite charming!) To be honest I'm a bit jellous.

I had the most beautiful flight ever and it felt like I was in a fairytale. Or maybe in a Super Mario videogame. White puffy clouds that looked like cotton all the way. I just waited for Mario's green plant (you know, the one hidden in a brick and he can climb on the leaves to heaven) to grow up through the cloudcarpet and see him bouncing around collecting coins of gold. With The Economist in my knee and Junior Boys in my mp3 I was on my way...home...or whatever.

Confusing world around me.

No comments: